Thursday, April 22, 2010

Back home!

Well, I had a really good week back home helping Robino get her wedding stuff planned.
I think we may very well have set some sort of wedding planning record for the amount of things we got done.
The wedding is going to be so beautiful, I can hardly wait to see the finished product.
Plus I get to wear my pretty dress and shoes.
And you know I love getting my hair done.

We found out while I was in OKC that we will be moving to Hawaii sometime this July (?)
We are sooooo excited, I was so sure we would get somewhere like Kansas or Texas.
But nope we get to spend a few years in paradise!!!
And of course, if you are reading this blog, it means I love you.
So you are automatically invited.

The bad thing is that the Army has "verbally" told us where we are going.
But without written orders we really can't get the ball rolling on moving plans.
And believe me there is a lot to plan when moving overseas.
So its more of the waiting game, that we all love.

As most of you know, the whole reason we requested Hawaii is because they have a wonderful IVF (in vitro) program on the post there.
Because it is an Army hospital they offer IVF for about 1/4 of the cost a civilian clinic charges.
So we put all of our hope in getting it done there.
Now we are getting the run around.
It seems that once you actually try to get on the list, the truth comes out.
They told us that; only active duty WOMEN can be added, you cannot be added to the list without being on the island and instead of the 1.5 year wait they told me before now it is 2.5 or more years.
Needless to say I have had a few breakdowns over the past couple of days.
But they will not break my spirit.
We are going to have a family, we just need to regroup and make another plan.
Everyone please pray for us.
We need some guidance from the big guy.

Okay I love you guys.

2 comments:

J to the BUG said...

Wait a min , I didnt know KS or TX was an option. I think I need a redo .. thats wayyy closer than Hawaii.

Im sorry your week has been full of bad news. I hope you get some good news back in your days real soon.

Love Love XO

mary said...

Just imagine sitting on the beach Janette. WAY better than KS or TX!