Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Aloha!

Well I have been on the island for a little over a week now.
And I must say that I am very proud of myself for not being sunburned.
I have been taking baby steps with getting my tan.
Of course, Ryan is a golden brown already.
I am still a little white girl from Oklahoma.
But fear not, I will become a golden goddess before all is said and done.

We are staying at a pretty nice hotel until we can find a house.














The bed is the best part, it is so soft and comfy.
You just sink into it.
Probably not good for the back, but oh so good for the soul.
The second best thing is the view.


That is Diamond Head mountain right outside our window.
Apparently Justin Timberlake has a house somewhere around that mountain.
I think I will go find him.
If you look to the right from our balcony you can see the ocean but it just doesn't photograph well.
And I don't want to show pictures that aren't as good as they really look.

We have been told that we will be getting a new house right on Wheeler!!
Of course, this is the Army and we all know how these things work out.
But I am pretty hopeful.
We were originally supposed to live on Schofield which is across the street.
Not a big difference in distance but a huge distance in vibe.
Schofield is huge and there are people everywhere.
Wheeler seems much more laid back.
And that equates to (hopefully) less drama.
I had my fill of drama at Rucker, no more please and thank you.

We haven't had any updates on when our household goods or car will get here.
Not that we have anywhere to put them right now.
But I like to be informed.
Oh but we got a new vehicle!
Well a used vehicle.
The perfect island cruiser if you ask me.


The weather here is so perfect, so it's pretty awesome driving with the doors off.
I can't wait for everyone to come to Hawaii and experience it.
I am getting really anxious to get a house and get settled in.
I hate eating out every meal and living out of a tiny fridge.
We don't even have a microwave.
How am I supposed to get in bikini shape when we eat out so much?!

Okay well I think that is all for now.
Love you guys!

1 comment:

Heather Lynn said...

I'm so glad you are here all safe and sound!! And yay on the Jeep, That's what the hubs and I have! Ours is Red though. haha. And he made it good and redneck with GIANT wheels and tires, but hey, it's his baby.

We should all go muddin' (If that is something ya'll enjoy) :) I'm so excited for you getting all settled in. The first few days are the best. :) Hope to see you soon!!