Wednesday, August 18, 2010

And now for the real thing.

Let's see.. where to begin?

Well, Joe and Erika are flying in tomorrow!
We have had our house for exactly one week and we already have visitors!
I am not sure what all we will do when they are here but I think there is a horse back riding adventure on tap.

I am going through some pictures so I think I will use them to update.

This is at the Honolulu Zoo.
I just couldn't resist posing with hippos.


Ryan and I loved that they had different animals hanging out together.

This guy reminded us of Duke.



































This is before we went to the "Magic of Polynesia" dinner show.
I thought that is would be pretty cheesy but I really couldn't figure out the illusions.
It even snowed at the end of the show.
We ended up having a really good time, the magician made a helicopter disappear.

We got the keys to our new house the following morning.
And on Friday all of our household goods arrived.
Since then it has been nonstop unpacking and sorting.
You really accumulate a lot of junk between every move.
I am glad that we move so often because it forces us to take inventory of our belongings.

I got my car back last week, the same day we got the keys to our new house.
There are two chips in the paint but they were really nice about paying for the repairs.
We took an estimate in to the claims office and walked out with a check.
Too easy :)
Now the claims for my damaged household items is not going so well.
So far my broken list includes; my washer, my outdoor fire place, my bowls, a dresser, a painting, and a coffee mug.
Lots of dents and scratches on our furniture as well.
And a nice oily black footprint on our couch.
The company that came to deliver our things said that it was one of  the worst packing jobs they had ever seen.

The countdown until the pups arrive has started!
Only 12 more days!
We have been buying them toys and treats everytime we go to the store.
They should be pretty happy when they come home to all of their new loot.

Well, its getting late.
I love you guys.
Stay tuned.

No comments: