Monday, March 28, 2011

More bad news.

Ryan and I had a follow up with the baby doc this morning.
They did an experiment with estrogen to "plump" up my uterus.
My uterus failed.
The doctor seems to be at a loss as to why this is happening.
To sum up what we learned:
My uterus is not responding the way it should.
It would be a waste of embryos to transfer them to my uterus.
Even if I could get pregnant, I probably could not carry the baby.

So I guess we are going to start looking for a gestational surrogate.
We need to borrow a uterus.
Our embryos are good, just not me.
Everyone please pray that this works out somehow.
We are both feeling lost and confused.

1 comment:

TASS said...

Will you seek a second opinion before trying this procedure? All I want is for you both to have a baby, I couldn't think of a better couple to raise a child! You both have so much love and deserve this! I hope it all works out. Do you choose the surrogate or will the doctor? Miss you both and am praying for you!