Janette taunted me on Facebook yesterday by telling me she was having Curry Chicken Salad for lunch.
So today I decided to treat myself with some of my own.
I. Love. This. Stuff.
And it's so easy and you can really make it however you like it, it's impossible to mess up.
And so I thought I would share my recipe with anyone who hasn't had it before.
1. Boil chicken breast for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
2. Remove chicken from water and allow to cool.
3. Shred chicken with a fork or by hand.
This is what mine looks like when I'm done, you can make it chunkier or finer.
5. Add mayo and stir, again it's up to you how much you like.
6. Add craisins! I add lots and lots.
7. Add chopped celery, chopped pineapple, diced apple or nuts.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. ( I usually skip the salt).
9. Give it a good stir and add more of whatever you like most.
So today I decided to treat myself with some of my own.
I. Love. This. Stuff.
And it's so easy and you can really make it however you like it, it's impossible to mess up.
And so I thought I would share my recipe with anyone who hasn't had it before.
1. Boil chicken breast for 15-20 minutes or until completely cooked through.
2. Remove chicken from water and allow to cool.
3. Shred chicken with a fork or by hand.
This is what mine looks like when I'm done, you can make it chunkier or finer.
4. Sprinkle enough curry powder to coat the chicken.5. Add mayo and stir, again it's up to you how much you like.
6. Add craisins! I add lots and lots.
7. Add chopped celery, chopped pineapple, diced apple or nuts.
8. Season to taste with salt and pepper. ( I usually skip the salt).
9. Give it a good stir and add more of whatever you like most.
TADA! Easy Peasy.
I usually make enough for at least two servings because it is just as yummy the next day.
I eat mine as is but it makes a great sandwich too :)
1 comment:
I feel that it should be renamed, "Glory in your Mouth"
Post a Comment