Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ryan AKA Amelia Bedelia

When we moved from Hawaii for the deployment we decided to sell Ryan's Jeep.
Since we have been back, we have gone back and forth about whether or not to buy another vehicle.
For now, we are a single car family.
This works out fine since Ryan hasn't been working much and Z and I just hang around the house.

With that being said, I sometimes ask Ryan to run errands while he is on post.
Yesterday I sent him to work with a shopping list.



In my mind, when I wrote "4 large carrots", it meant that I did not want baby carrots.
However, Ryan took that as a challenge to find the largest carrot on the island.
And his mission was a success. Seriously, look at the size of this carrot!


When I emptied the grocery bags and pulled that jewel out I couldn't help but laugh.
It made me think of the childrens books about Amelia Bedelia.
While I know it wasn't exactly an Amelia moment, it brought to mind how much enjoyed those books as a kid.
So now I am determined to share silly laughs over Amelia with Z when he gets a bit older.
Amazon, here I come!



 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THAT is ridiculous! Thanks for the laugh. Amelia books are great.