Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Thanksgiving

 
Yesterday we took Zach to his pediatrician to get his second flu shot.
It was supposed to be a quick in and out visit but when we went in for his 6 month well baby checkup his doctor wanted us to get him sleeping through the night.
When Ryan voiced concerns about Zach being hungry during the night and possibly not getting enough to eat if we didn't give him his night feedings, she decided she wanted to follow up with us to see our progress when we came back in a month.
So we had a full blown check up.
When she came in the room she asked how Zach was sleeping.
I immediately started gushing about how it only took 3 days of her method to get him sleeping through the night and how much better things had been since then for Ryan and I since we are getting a full nights sleep.
Her face lit up and she said she was so proud of us and that she doesn't usually hear praise.
She said that when things work, people don't say anything.
It's when they don't work that she hears about it.
 
Since then, I have been thinking about that.
We all know that's true, you hear much more about negative things that positive.
So I think it's time for a little Thanksgiving in April.
 
I am thankful for my husband. He is such a great dad. Like yesterday, he juggled his work obligations to make sure he could be at Zach's appointment. Or even though he is in his last semester of college, working like crazy and preparing to PCS, he still makes time for Zach and I everyday. As soon as he walks through the door, he is on the floor rolling around with Z. He gives him a bath everynight and puts him to bed so I can cook dinner and unwind. He always puts our comforts above his own and he never complains. He is hard working and honest and everyone loves him because of it. If a friend calls, he drops everything to help them. I am so proud of him and to say he is mine.
 
I am thankful for Zach. He is such a joy. His smile is the best thing in the world. He is so sweet and so bright. He makes me so proud I sometimes feel that my heart literally might explode.
 
I am thankful that Ryan got his orders!! I am thankful that he got the job he wants and the duty station. With all that is happening in our country, I am thankful he has a job, period. Let alone one that allows me to stay home with Z.
 
I am thankful that Janette is coming to visit. I am thankful that I have friends that I can text when I need to vent. 
 
So while I have a lot of things weighing on me. Lots of things I feel compelled to complain about. I am not going to, I am going to try to be thankful for the good things instead.
 
What are you thankful for?

P.S. I changed my settings so you don't have to sign in to comment :)
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thankful for: You!
Wine
Cheese
My amazing daughter
A roof over our heads
My daughter's preschool teachers
Blackhead eraser (too much?)
Free Kindle books
The sun, that gives me warmth, happiness and glorious lazy afternoons.

Thank you Mary, for some perspective! Love you.