Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I Love My Ice Cream Maker

Ryan and I received an ice cream maker for our wedding (thanks Aunt Sarah!).
And over the past five years I think I used it exactly once.
Until I asked C what kind of birthday cake he wanted and then everything changed.
He said that he wanted a red velvet ice cream cake.
(I think Ryan was really the one who wanted it, but we will say C did).
Anyway, I had never made an ice cream cake and had never heard of one with red velvet.
So of course I got way too excited about the challenge.
In the end, I made a regular red velvet cake in two 8 inch rounds.
Then I used my ice cream maker to make homemade cake batter ice cream.
I transfered one layer of cake to a spring form pans, covered it with my ice cream and then topped it with the second layer.
I let that freeze for a couple of hours and then I iced the cake and then returned it to the freezer for the rest of the day.

I don't like red velvet so I can't be sure how good it was but I definitely want to try it with a chocolate cake soon.
Next time I think I will use a little less cake and a lot more ice cream.
Here is the end result:


 
 
And even more exciting to me is my newest adventure.
Ryan is flying nights, so Z and I decided to play in the kitchen,. 
We made Greek Frozen Yogurt :)
I added blackberries and raspberries and holy moly!!
Yummy!
 
 
Now that I got my little man to sleep, I am going to do some serious spring cleaning.
Love you all!


1 comment:

Janette said...

It was delish. I was impressed by your creativity too! Well done ,MaryMartha.