Well, I got up this morning and went to Micah's graduation/winging.
It was a really nice production, the speaker was a Brigadier General who graduated flight school 30 years ago.
Apparently his best friend from his years at the Citadel has a son who graduated today.
So as a courtesy the general came to be the guest speaker.
It was not the best speech I have ever heard but the man spoke with sincerity.
I felt like each time he told the graduates how proud he was that they chose to serve their country that he meant it.
It was really touching.
It was really funny cause he called all soldiers who aren't aviators "unskilled laborers".
I am not sure that it was entirely appropriate but it got a lot of laughs.
After graduation I got a text from Janette saying that Neal's father had passed away.
I know that I never met him but I feel the loss of a great man.
I may not have been fortunate enough to spend time with Randy but I did spend time with Neal.
And Neal is a great man, and great men are the result of great mentors.
So therefore, I feel secure in saying that Randy was a great man.
I wish there was something I could do to help the McAtees, I cannot even fathom the pain they must be feeling.
I also had to say my last good bye to Sarah, Micah and the boys.
They are absolutely the best neighbors I have ever had and some of the closest friends weve made.
I hate losing my friends but the one positive is that at least they live in Oklahoma so we can visit them when we make trips home.
Ryan gets home from his funeral detail tonight.
I will be very glad to have him back.
This house creeps me out at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment