Monday, March 1, 2010

I feel like a negative nancy

But when it comes time to update my blog my heart is always heavy.
I found out yesterday that Neal's (who was the best man at our wedding) dad was in a motorcycle accident and has been in a coma since then.
I am not sure of all the details but I do know that Neal and his family must be devastated.
I know that miracles can happen and I hope that their family receives one.
I have been trying to wrap my head around such a tragedy and its like my brain can't compute it.
It's difficult for me to understand how everything can be fine one minute and fall apart the next.

Speaking of, Ryan is on a funeral detail in Pensacola right now.
Not sure of the details but I know that it's a PFC that died overseas.
I don't know how to boys are able to keep it together for those funerals.
I would not be able to keep from breaking down even if I never met the person.

Sarah, Micah and the boys are staying at our house right now.
Micah's graduation is Wednesday and the moved out of post housing yesterday.
So at least I'm not alone while Ryan is away.
This house really freaks me out when he is gone.
It is nice to have lots of noise in the house, I can't wait until we have little ones making all sorts of noise.

This weekend a good friend of mine got food poisoning or possibly a stomach virus while her hubby was away on a funeral.
We ended up going over there at midnight on Friday and staying until Saturday night.
I have never seen someone as sick as she was, and there was really nothing I could do to help her.
Just one of those things that has to pass through your system I guess.
But I got to spend lots of time with baby Clara.
I had no idea how much babies eat. That little girl can put food away like its her job.
It was really cool to get to take care of her, with instructions from mommy, of course.
I was so worn out when we left, for a child that can't walk she sure can take the energy out of you.
I think it was because I was constantly aware of her, if not she would be into something she shouldn't be.

On a positive side, Ryan bought me an iphone.

Alright, I'm off to start a new book series.

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I wanna iphone and a Macbook! :( I'm jealous.