Monday, February 15, 2010

When it rains it pours.

Well, we are back from our trip to Oklahoma and we had a really good time.
We got to see everyone that we hoped to see and we got to eat a lot of yummy food.
All you guys back in Oklahoma just don't know how good you have it.
They just dont make food as well anywhere else.

We found out today that Ryan's grandma was moved to a hospice room at her nursing home.
From what we understand, this means that the end is near.
It really feels like bad things just never stop coming.
Just when we get over a hurdle, or sometimes, just as we are getting ready to jump over a hurdle something else goes wrong.
It feels like just a couple of months ago Ryan's papa passed away and now another grandparent.
I feel so bad for the family, I can't imagine how it must feel to lose a grandparent.
The only two that I have ever really known are still very much alive.
I can call them whenever I want and I just can't imagine having that taken away.

One positive though is that I got all of Robin's save the dates in the mail today, even though the post didn't run, at least they are there and will hopefully be taken with the early batch.
Also, Ryan got me a Nintendo DSi for Valentine's day and I got a cooking game that has over 245 recipes. I have already made two of them. Last night I made "stuffed tomatos from France" and tonight I made "spicy fried rice from Japan". It takes you through every step and even makes you a shopping list, pretty stinking cool!

Ryan cleaned the garage out today and it looks awesome! I wish I would have gotten the inside of the house clean but time flies. Maybe tomorrow right? After my weekly trip to the library, of course.

Okay, well I'm off to check out the Olympics.
The figure skating last night was awesome.

No comments: