Thursday, June 17, 2010

Unexpected phone call.

[back story]
When the embryologist called to give us the grades of our embryos last week she said that we had three good embryos and that the remaining four were not doing well.
Therefore, she said we would not have any embies for freezing.
The clinic is very picky about what they will freeze and they have strict criteria.
So Ryan and I made our peace that we would not have any frosties.
We had hoped that we would have some because in our dreams here was our plan.
We would get pregnant with one or two this cycle.
Then a year or two after our first baby(s) we would go back for a frozen embryo transfer.
And of course we would get pregnant again. :)

So today SURPRISE!
The embryologist called and said that we have three embryos that are candidates for freezing!
We didn't even realize this was even an option anymore.
So we are very happy about the news.
The Dr. said that they are all grading as B's which is really good.
So of course we had them frozen.

3 comments:

Kari said...

SWEET! That is awesome, saves some mulah (I hope), not to mention you having to deal with taking meds, and the eggs getting taken out. Please, Please, PLEASE, don't put "unexpected" in the subject line anymore...my heart dropped into my stomach, and it is still having a hard time recovering. Congrats on your frosties, this puts a whole new meaning to "chilling out"!

J to the BUG said...

HOLY hell , your blog subject was uncalled for. I was already upset that I asked your blog to let me know when you updated it AND it didnt. Then I got excited to see new entries , then I got sad again to see the word unexpected. WHAT the poop Tarver! HA I love your lil embies , I am so excited for you guys and cant wait for the next update. Love you.

Samantha said...

That is great news!! Can't wait to hear the results of this cycle.... if I'm anxious can't imagine what you're feeling! =)