My egg retrieval happened at exactly 10 am.
It is amazing how punctual doctors can be when they are forced to be.
Makes you wonder why they are always making you wait around for them.
Anywho, Dr. P came to see me in recovery and told me that the final count was 13.
He said that 10 of them appeared to be mature and that the others might mature tonight.
We will be getting a call from Suzanne the embryologist tomorrow to give us a fertilization report.
I so hope that all of them fertilized!!!
For some reason I was under the impression that this surgery would be no big deal.
Well, I stand corrected.
I woke up in recovery in the worst pain I have felt in any of my surgeries.
I told the nurse about 22 times I was in pain and finally she gave me morphine.
Then I told her I needed the oxygen mask removed because it smelled bad.
Then I told her to just take it away from me completely because the noise was bothering me.
Then I told her I was cold and needed more blankets.
Guess that set her over the edge because she came back with three blankets and ended up wrapping my head in one, haha.
She then walked over to another nurse and told her I was "high strung".
I thought it was funny, she probably thought I wouldn't remember even if I heard her.
And I am surprised that I did but yes I am apparently high strung.
I guess I was being a bit of a brat, but dang it I was hurting.
Poor Ryan had to drive all the way to Mobile for the procedure and then all the way to Rucker for school.
He wanted to drive back here tonight but I told him to get some rest.
He is so sweet to me.
Okay well that's the story so far.
I love you guys.
Please pray our embryos grow, grow, grow!!
1 comment:
13 Sweet!!!! That is fantastic. And I bet that nurse had never had eggs retreived from her uterus...so she has nothing to talk about. I had my wisdom teeth pulled and I was VERY high strung...and that is a routine everyone in the world has had it done surgery. You have every right to demand the best care. You are precious to so many people, so they had better take good care of you and your 13 eggies. I don't want to have to drive down there and kick some nurse's ass! Love, JKC
Post a Comment