Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Second ultrasound.

This morning I had my ultrasound scheduled for 10am.
I thought I would be an overachiever and go for my bloodwork beforehand since I was awake.
I got the lab at 9am and after waiting 40 minutes my name was called.
The young man who took my blood tied up both arms and proceeded to twist and jab my arms with his fingers.
After settling on the lesser of two evils, the right arm he got out the needle.
It stung longer than normal (as I am now a blood draw expert, thank you infertility).
When he got the second vial attached I lost feeling in my hand.
I was thinking that was super weird but whatever.
He said that the second vial "stopped".
So he whipped out vial three (though three were not needed).
And then that one "stopped" too.
Basically my arm stopped.
So he ran off to the back room to ask if he had collected enough blood for the test.
I guess they thought so because he came back and untied my arm.
I told him that I felt nauseous and he held a gigantic and full of lab trash trashcan to my head.
NIIIIICE. I thought and made a get that out of my face gesture.
He then decided he better prop my legs on the trashcan instead of my face.
Another woman came running with an ice pack that she held to various parts of my body.
She was talking but I couldn't hear her at first because my ears had stopped working.
Then someone shoved a juice box in my face and once I downed it like a fat kid my ears worked again.
She was asking my questions like "what is your name" and "where do you live"?
I was getting very irritated with her, couldn't she see I just wanted to be left alone.
HELLO I am having a crisis here.
The only answers she got was "why?????"
But she went on rambling questions while I tried to close my eyes.
She yelled at me to open them and I told her I needed a tissue.
At this point I am swimming in my own sweat.
No sauna has ever done a better job of giving pores exercise.
After she blotted my face and charged me with holding my ice pack to my chest I started to feel better.
By the end of my "spell" I had an audience of 6-8 people.
They all came to see the sweaty girl drink a juice box I guess.
After that I asked if they had any food for me and they sent me to the coffee stand down stairs for a bagel.

Yeah as you can tell, it was pretty dramatic.

But after that I went to get my ultrasound and when my doc came in I was eating a bagel on his exam table.
I bet I was the first person he ever saw that decided to eat while stripped from the waist down on a gyn exam table.
Anyway, he did the exam and he said I had four large follicles on my left ovary and one large one on my right.
He said this was looking very good.
As he is not someone who gives me the warm and fuzzies I asked no more.
I will wait for my nurse to call me tonight and I will interrogate her.
So if you are just on the edge of your seat about my ovaries you will have to check back later tonight for the complete update.

Thank you for all your prayers and well wishes today.
I brought my blessed dirt and fertility bracelet with me too.
Love you guys!!

3 comments:

J to the BUG said...

- Drink your juice Shelby !
- Dont talk about me like Im not here !
XO

mary said...

Janette that's exactly what it was like. Only I killed the juice instead of refusing it. I wanted another but I thought that was rude to ask.

Anonymous said...

I would stand around to watch you drink a juice box anyday! -Kari